Ryan Rush Show 3/12/2010

I don’t get to talk sports all the time, but every now and then, sports intersects with life, and it becomes show-worthy!  Today is such a day.  Houston Yates High School is ranked number one in the country, and they play tomorrow here in Austin for their second consecutive state 4A boys basketball championship.  Unfortunately, they have done so at the expense of good sportsmanship.  Read Rick Reilly’s ESPN commentary for the details:

Yesterday, we had the opportunity to have a lively discussion about Bullying in schools, Austin Police Chief Acevedo, and lots of legal questions for Terry Belt.  Thanks to all who called in!

6 Responses to “Ryan Rush Show 3/12/2010”

1. L. D. May 11, 2010 at 6:47 pm #

Ryan, On compulsory school attendance, please read http://www.hslda.org/courtreport/v16n5/v16n501.asp

2. Pentecostal Perspectives March 25, 2011 at 12:56 pm #

We now live in a world in which many people are soon worshipping and praising our government leaders such as our president, our senators and even our gubernatorial preludes. They must be quite important and popular to get such extravagant honor.

I really thank you for your service!

3. Pentecostal Perspectives March 25, 2011 at 12:57 pm #

I have been reading articles about the December 21, 2012 issues. What is your take on these. Some of the recent articles are somewhat contradictory. I now have mixed feelings about the logistics of the so-called “December 21, 2012″ politics.

• ryanrush April 27, 2011 at 2:25 pm #

I’ll have to do more research… Not really familiar with this. I know that some are calling for the end of the world, or for some cataclysmic change. No matter what, God will still be on His throne, and able to deliver us.

Besides that, this is the date of my 21st wedding anniversary. So I am predicting a good day!

4. Troy April 25, 2011 at 4:52 pm #

I called into your show today (the 25th) and commented on the problem with weddings these days. I work at The Taylor Mansion http://www.thetaylormansion.com and I wanted to offer $1000 discount to any couple who calls 888-606-9355 and says they heard about us on the Ryan Rush Show. I hope to be able to help couples honor God with their commitment to Him and each other. Thanks

• ryanrush April 27, 2011 at 2:23 pm #

Thais, Troy! I’ll let the listeners know about your generous offer.

Leave a Reply:

Gravatar Image

Start your faith breakthrough now!
The spiritual barriers people face are countless, but they can be categorized into Eight Primary Walls. These walls correlate with the 8 primary breakthroughs that everyone needs.
1 of 48
I spend too much of my energy pursuing material things.
2 of 48
I believe God is loving and kind.
3 of 48
When looking back on my life, I tend to focus on all of the things I did wrong.
4 of 48
People would describe me as a giving person.
5 of 48
When bad things happen, I feel like I am getting what I deserve.
6 of 48
I feel I can turn to God for direction.
7 of 48
I believe the Bible has answers for today's circumstances.
8 of 48
I am willing to sacrifice immediate gratification for something better down the road.
9 of 48
I question why God allowed certain things to happen in my life.
10 of 48
I am intentionally seeking to grow in my relationships with others.
11 of 48
I feel compelled to make the world around me better.
12 of 48
I worry about the problems that the future holds.
13 of 48
When bad things happen, I wonder if God can make things better.
14 of 48
I worry that God is angry with me.
15 of 48
The possibility of gaining a good friend is worth the risk.
16 of 48
I find myself more focused on the things I don't have but wish I did.
17 of 48
I believe God loves me in spite of who I am.
18 of 48
I know a lot of people, but don't feel very close to many people.
19 of 48
I believe God is willing and able to answer my prayers.
20 of 48
I find myself drawn to things I know are bad for me.
21 of 48
I feel with God's help, I can face any situation.
22 of 48
I don't believe anyone can ever know what is absolutely true.
23 of 48
I have to guard against judging people when I learn they are dealing with tough circumstances.
24 of 48
I have witnessed things that make me wonder if God is in control.
25 of 48
I am willing to serve others for nothing in return.
26 of 48
It troubles me that God has not answered my prayers.
27 of 48
I am confident God has forgiven me for my past.
28 of 48
I tend to expect the worst to happen.
29 of 48
I have too many of my own problems to deal with the problems of others.
30 of 48
I have a hard time trusting people.
31 of 48
People who have hurt me in the past cause me to avoid some relationships today.
32 of 48
I believe God wants what is best for me.
33 of 48
I believe in an all-powerful, all-knowing God.
34 of 48
I feel there is a disconnect between who I really am and how I act in front of other people.
35 of 48
My faith practices are more about routine than relationship.
36 of 48
I look forward to good things in my future.
37 of 48
I observe things that make me wonder if I should believe the Bible.
38 of 48
When I am facing a difficult situation, I feel like I can solve problems on my own.
39 of 48
I have been wronged in the past in a way I cannot get over.
40 of 48
I believe truth is the same for everyone.
41 of 48
It humbles me to think I can know God.
42 of 48
I am amazed at God's power.
43 of 48
I feel strong relationships are hard, but worth it.
44 of 48
I think God cares about the details of my life.
45 of 48
I am so busy that I find myself ignoring the most important things in my life.
46 of 48
I think that God will meet all my needs.
47 of 48
I try to avoid temptations that would bring me harm.
48 of 48
I am grateful for the things I have been given.
Great you have finished the evaluation.
Ready to see the results?